The Town Hall foyer was originally gas lit. The lights are reproduction bronze “gasoliers’’ made in Adelaide.
The Adelaide Town Hall incorporated four other buildings on the same site: the Prince Alfred Hotel, the Queens Chambers, the Eagle Chambers and the Gladstone Chambers.
These four buildings were incorporated into the fabric of the Town Hall in the 1950’ as their leases expired. The Prince Albert Hotel ceased commercial operation in 1953. The foyer was altered significantly in the 1950s, when a new marble staircase was installed, and the Prince Albert Hotel became part of the Town Hall.