The Adelaide Town Hall is accessibility friendly with the following features:
- Automatic glass sliding doors
- LED display directory
- Lift with illuminated raised tactile/braille buttons and voice announcements
- Right hand transfer unisex accessible toilet
- Two drinks bars, both very high
- Wheelchair accessible seating in Stalls in the Auditorium (not in the Gallery or Dress Circle)
- Hearing assist technology arranged by the Venue Hirer
- Companion Card accepted by some Concert Hirer’s, including the Australian Chamber Orchestra.
It is essential that you advise your ticket provider of your seating requirements at the time of booking or subscribing so chairs can be removed to allow for adequate allocation of space. It is recommended that patrons in wheelchairs or with mobility concerns are allocated seats in the Stalls area as there are stairs to negotiate in the Dress Circle and Gallery. Allow two seats (one behind the other) in an aisle for patrons in wheelchairs.
The Town Hall is easily accessible by public transport. Timetables for Adelaide’s bus, train and tram services can be obtained from the Adelaide Metro InfoCentre and Infoline.
Adelaide Metro InfoCentre and Infoline:
Corner of King William Street and Currie Street, Adelaide
Phone: InfoLine 1300 311 108
Website: www.adelaidemetro.com.au to download printable timetables or www.adelaidemetro.com.au/accessibility for access information.
Accessible parking is available in front of the Town Hall (King William Street) 7.00 pm – midnight (except Mondays.)
The City of Adelaide owned UParks have accessible spaces located near the lifts. Holders of SA Disability Parking Permits can apply to UPark for an Accessibility Pass. This pass provides 2 hours free parking up to 52 times per year at all UPark car parks. This pass supersedes any other disabled parking discount previously available at UPark. Check the website for details on applying for a UPark Accessibility Pass: www.upark.com.au or contact the Customer Service Centre (details below).
ACCESS ADELAIDE GUIDE
The Adelaide Access Guide for people with a disability provides information and maps to help you access the City of Adelaide and enjoy all it has to offer.
The Guide is available from the Customer Service Centre at 25 Pirie St, Adelaide SA 5000 or download it here.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment:
1. Contact us through the National Relay Service http://relayservice.gov.au/support/training/nrs-call-numbers/
2. Give the Adelaide Town Hall's number you want to call.
For more information, visit: http://www.relayservice.gov.au
Adelaide Town Hall phone number: 08 8203 7590
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE
Colonel Light Centre
25 Pirie Street, Adelaide
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
T. (08) 8203 7203
F. (08) 8203 7575
E. [email protected]