The Colonel Light Room serves as the Council’s main committee room.
The room was designed as the Colonel Light Room on May 7, 1956, in memory of the City’s founder. The cabinet on the western wall was specially made to house items relating to Colonel Light, from the City’s Civic Collection. These include maps, plans and instruments used by Colonel Light in the original survey of the City of Adelaide.
Most committee meetings are conducted in this room on Tuesdays, during the afternoon or evening and are open to the public.